Simple Discord bot that will randomly replace up to 5 words in amessage with the word "butt"
- Python 3.4 or higher
- A valid Discord account with an App registered (and Bot account created for said app)
- Clone or download this repo to an easy to remember spot on your server.
config.cfgand fill it out in a text editor.
- Turn on Dev Mode in Discord to get the proper ID's (User Settings -> Appearance -> Developer Mode, then right click items to get their ID).
bot_channel_idshould be set to a channel in your server that it can spam in occasionally (currently just posts when it starts up).
owner_idshould be your discord user ID and
admin_idshould the the ID of one other user (for now) that you trust to admin the bot (neither are used in this bot currently, I just included them from another bot I wrote).
- If you havent already, invite your bot to your server by going to
https://discordapp.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=REPLACE_WITH_CLIENT_ID&scope=bot&permissions=0(replacing REPLACE_WITH_CLIENT_ID with your bots client ID)
- Run the bot by navigating to the folder you put the files in using the command line of your server/computer and run
python3.4 buttsbot.py, replacing
python3.4with the name of your python >= 3.4 binary
- The bot should have posted "This isn't a butt..." in your bot channel if it worked
Optional supervisord setup
- If you want the bot to be able to autostart with the server and after any disconnects/crashes, install supervisord
- Edit directory, home, user, and command to suit where you placed the files and the user you want it to run as
- Create the folder for specified for the logs (default location requires root/sudo)
- Restart or reload supervisord
Buttsbot will randomly replace up to 5 words (decided randomly for chosen messages) in a message to the word "butt", or up to 5 words in any message that mentioned the bot
If you want to invite my particular copy of the bot to your server, use the link below. Note that I accept no responsibility for it's actions, stability, or availability. https://discordapp.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=302981775083438091&scope=bot&permissions=0